Saturday, October 12, 12:30pm
Small Bites: Short Films for Food People is a program of short films that includes our Colorado Student Film Contest winning films, several other captivating short films, and El Jardin, an episode in the Emmy Award-winning The Migrant Kitchen series from KCET that profiles visiting speaker Chef Claudette Zepeda.
Of the Colorado Student Film Contest contestants, Madison Santamaria has won the grand prize with Yubikiri. Cake Mix from Leilani Osmundson and Control from Aabriti Shrestha and Sophia Schelle are the other winning student films.
The prize for the best three films is screening them during the Festival. The grand prize winner also receives $250.
Following are the films and speakers for this program.
- Amuse, introduced by Crystal Polis of our collaborator Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema
- Seared: The Journey of a Chef
- The Family Farm That Supplies World-Class Chefs
- The Korean Farmer
- Grain Changers, introduced by filmmaker and CU-Boulder Professor Andrew Calabrese
- Yubikiri, introduced by Madison Santamaria
- Cake Mix
- Control, introduced by Aabriti Shrestha and Sophia Schelle
- El Jardin introduced by Claudette Zepeda, former executive chef of the El Jardin restaurant and Top Chef Denver competitor
There will also be a short discussion of El Jardin with Zepeda.