The Flatirons Food Film Festival (Jan. 28-Feb. 5, www.flatironsfoodfilmfest.org) is an annual multi-day film festival in Boulder intended to bring together those interested in eating, food culture, and food activism. This year, the Festival and nearly all volunteer work will be virtual.
We have many positions available for your help before and during the festival. You will receive training and guidance. Following is a brief list of how you can help (more positions to come).
Four hours of volunteer work = 4 free film tickets except where noted otherwise
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Online Chat Host (one needed per film, 10 film programs): Monitors chat before the film starts and at the program’s end, chatting simple coached announcements and answers (if necessary). During post-film discussion, relays chat questions to speakers. Training provided. Time commitment per film roughly 2.5-3 hours. With three film programs, we will provide a pass for all 17 films and events.
- Restaurant Coordinator (4 positions available): Follow up on details of takeout dinners for restaurant/movie pairings. Time commitment about 4-6 hours (?)
- Website Helper (Several positions available): Need to know how to enter simple text changes into WordPress. Time commitment: 4 hours
- Online Event Calendar Data Entry (3 positions available): Enter Festival information into online event calendars. Online event calendar, basic information, blurbs, and images provided. Time commitment is 4 hours.
- Graphics: Basic skills for simple graphics, such as combining two photos into one file, are needed. Nothing complicated requiring professional tools or training is required. Sporadic unplanned help. Time commitment: 4 hours.
Before and during Festival
General help (3 positions available): Picking up and dropping off items, other simple random tasks. Time commitment: 4 hours.