Shake It Up: Cocktails and Cuisine
Get ready for the 4th annual Flatirons Food Film Festival fundraiser, Shake It Up: Cocktails and Cuisine!
Join us at the Boulder Brands rooftop deck in downtown Boulder for superlative food, drinks, and films. On Tuesday, August 7th, this will be the party where it happens with silent and live auctions, all things cocktail, and live jazz.
Blackbelly, Bramble and Hare, and Emmerson will contribute to the delicious fun with three custom cocktails and bites. Local Table Tours and Pastificio Boulder will respectively add a custom cocktail and a heirloom grain pasta dish to the party. Fortuna Chocolate will offer a scrumptious dessert “cocktail.”
Other cocktail-oriented activities include:
- A presentation by Bryan Dayton, award-winning mixologist and co-owner of Corrida and OAK at Fourteenth
- Cocktail short films
- Live cocktail education from experts
- Tuesday, August 7, 6-9:30pm
- Boulder Brands, 1600 Pearl St., Boulder
- $75 advance tickets, $85 at the door
- Tickets: https://tinyurl.com/FFFF-ShakeItUp
- Custom cocktails and bites from Blackbelly, Bramble & Hare, and Emmerson Boulder with Local Table Tours (cocktails) and Pastificio Boulder (pasta)
- Dessert cocktail from Fortuna Chocolate
- Local spirits from Altitude Spirits, Anvil Distillery, Deviant Spirits, and Dry Land Distillers
- Wonderful noshes from artisan food businesses like 34 Degrees, Boulder Brands, Chef Soraya, Hope Foods, il Porcellino Salumi, and Loredana’s Gourmet Kitchen
- Beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cocktail presentation, education, and short films
- Live jazz
- Silent and live auctions that will drive you crazy with the urge to bid
Silver Spoon sponsors
Big Red F Group, Boulder Brands, BRU, Denver International Wine Festival, Embassy Suites by Hilton Boulder, Fortuna Chocolates, Grower’s Organic, Local Table Tours, Pack A Fork, ROOT PR, Savory Spice Shop – Boulder, Snarf’s Sandwiches, Wine Country International
Daily Camera, Longmont Times-Call
Many thanks to sponsors Above the Rockies, Black Cat, Bramble and Hare, Blue Dragon Films, Boulder County Farmers Market, Chef Soraya, Cocktail Punk, First Bite Boulder, George Lichter Family Foundation, Gourmet Foods International, Highland Honeybees, International Film Series, John Lichter, Out Boulder County, Pastures of Plenty, and Rosetta Hall for their support.
We also thank Alpine Start, Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, Basta, Wolf’s Tailor, Blue Gage Soft Furnishings, Bobo’s Oat Bars, Bookcliff Vinyards, Boulder Philharmonic, Chiporro Sauces, Cinghiale Cycling Tours, Cure Organic Farm, Eco-Products, Ela Family Farms, Empact Bars, Fior Gelato, First Fruits Organic Farms, Food Lab, Goddess Garden, Green Belly Foods, Hope Foods, Jiva Wellness, JJ Sweets, Loredana’s Gourmet Kitchen, Morton’s Orchards, Moxie Bread Bakery, Odyssey Yoga, Ollin Farms, Opera on Tap Colorado, Pangea Organics, Seed Ranch Flavor Company, The Singing Cook, The Tea Spot, Valentich Goods, and WeeBee Farms for their generous donations.
Chefs Challenge Event
Everyone was a winner at our chefs challenge event on Sunday, April 29th at The Riverside. The weather was warm and sunny. Our Eastern and Western cuisine teams, each comprised of three top local chefs, showed competitive spirit while facing off. The hustle while prepping, sauteeing, grilling, and making rice noodles from scratch was palpable. Chef Ryan Gorby of Cho77 and Chef Kyle Mendenhall of Arcana, respectively head chefs of the East and West teams, were involved in everything and provided strong direction. With the help of six culinary students from the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, the chefs did what they do best: create beautiful dishes. Though both teams produced delicious dishes, the audience and judges both agreed that the East team was the winner of our live chefs challenge.
- East team: Ryan Gorby; Jeff Stoneking, Chef de Cuisine of ChoLon; and Thach Tran, Executive Chef of Ace Eat Serve
- West team: Kyle Mendenhall; Steve Redzikowski of Acorn, Brider, and OAK at Fourteenth; and Thomas Vigil, former sous chef of Black Cat
- Judges: 5280 Magazine food editor Denise Mickelsen, Executive Chef Kelly Jeun of Frasca Food and Wine, and Sara Brito of the Good Food 100 Restaurants list
- Emcee: Emcee Theo Adley, Executive Chef of The Populist
The winning East team dishes
West team dishes