Flatirons Food Film Festival 2016, October 20-24: On with the Show!
Festival tickets and passes are now on sale
Buy your festival tickets and passes now through EventBrite. See our 2016 Flatirons Food Film Festival Schedule for consolidated film and event information. You can also buy a 2016 Festival Pass and see all the films for one low price.
Downtown Boulder venues
This October, we’re taking the festival to downtown Boulder. Our opening night and most of our screenings will take place at the Canyon Theater of the main branch of the Boulder Public Library. We will spend an evening of merriment at eTown Hall and end the festival at the International Film Series on the CU-Boulder campus.
During the festival, stroll through and dine on the Pearl Street Mall between films and events. Pick up a coffee drink at a downtown Boulder coffee shop before a film. Or, enjoy a beer or cocktail at one of our downtown Boulder after parties after watching the last food film of the night.
The themes of this festival touch on:
- Gustatory and beverage enjoyment
- Chefs and the other people who provide the building blocks of nourishment
- Connecting the next generation with the joy of food
- Restaurant criticism
- Food activism
- Celebration of Munchies (the food brand of Vice Media) short films at eTown Hall
- New children’s program of short food films and more
- New documentary about Chef Massimo Bottura’s Milan soup kitchen straight from its US premiere
In the end, food leads back to relationships—between family members, co-workers, chefs and customers, ourselves in the context of a greater society and the environment.
- VIP party on Munchies night drawing inspiration from the Munchies films
- Wine sampling after the SOMM: Into the Bottle screening for SOMM and City of Gold ticket holders
- Friday and Saturday night after parties
- Food waste program (Wasted Sunday) with two documentaries on wasted food and snacks and other comestibles made from food waste
- Bristol Bay sockeye salmon dinner at Basta from Chefs Collaborative