If you enjoyed this year’s festival, there are several ways that you can support us:
- Sign up for the festival newsletter through this Web site to keep abreast of the festival.
- Like or follow the festival’s social media on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram
- Become a festival volunteer through the Contact page of this Web site.
- Consider making a financial donation as an individual through the Donate page of this Web page.
- Consider making a financial donation as a corporate sponsor through the Contact page of this Web site.
- Send us feedback and suggestions through the Contact page of this Web site. What did you like? How could we improve? Do you know of a film that we should check out or a cool event that we could stage?
It has been our pleasure to hold the second year of the Flatirons Food Film Festival. We look forward to a fabulous third year!
Flatirons Food Film Festival 2014 whets our appetites for all things food- and drink-related with a menu of five films about food: a heady documentary on the craft beer movement (featuring two local breweries), a dramedy about work-life balance in the restaurant industry that integrates interviews with real-life San Francisco Bay Area chefs, a documentary on how urban farming is changing the locavore movement, a visual and sensory tour-de-force described as “an opera in a dozen courses and a banquet in a dozen acts” that involves a Michelin-starred restaurant and artists in various media from around the world, and a documentary about seed banks and the importance of preserving crop diversity in the face of climate change.
Paired with each of these films are events that include a craft beer celebration featuring a craft beer/aria pairing performance by Opera on Tap Colorado; a chef-hosted feast; a molecular gastronomy demonstration; tours of an artisan brewery; a craft distillery; and a farm with a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program; various panel discussions; and a cookbook signing.